Friday, August 24, 2007

stay tuned...


As many of you know Peru had a serious earthquake August 16th, and while the damage in Lima was minimal, has left over 500 people dead and thousands without homes, and even more without water or electricity. Anyway, I have been meaning to write a blog post about a) the earthquake here, and b) my trip with people from Socios en Salud to look for our patients who live in the most affected areas. I apologize for the long delay, but work has been crazy this week. So I will leave you with some photos that we took last weekend. In terms of donations, I think PIH will soon have something on their website about how to support the relief work, otherwise I know Oxfam also was collecting for the people in Peru. The Bolivian president Evo and his VP are giving half their monthly salary! ($950)


No comments: