Friday, September 24, 2010

a visit stateside

Some things I consumed in the States (in no particular order of how much I enjoyed said item):
- chai latte made by Tucker at Diesel (MA)
- "chinese noodles" made by pops, veggies purchased at Russo's (MA)
- fresh picked (that doesn't seem like the right word) lobster boiled at home (RI)
- champagne at Al and Lisa's wedding (CT)
- bowl of pho in Boston Chinatown with brother (MA)
- beer in Brooklyn bar with other brother (NY)
- homemade pizza by aunt and uncle in Brooklyn (NY)
- homemade pizza by madre in Belmont (MA)
- mom's birthday cake (NY)
- homemade peruvian food overlooking Central Park (NY)
- hot dog at Coney Island (NY)
- real sharp cheddar cheese (in more than one state)
- Cheerios (MA)
- sweet potato fries on the Upper West Side (NY)
- South African food in Fort Green at 11pm (NY)
- Hoegarden and pork sliders in the financial district in Manhattan (NY)
- macintosh and cortland apples (MA)
- two pots of white earl grey tea (one with one friend, another with another)(MA)
- a bowl of hydrox and coffee ice cream at the new Rancatore's in Belmont Center (MA)
- licks of a Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz cone from Ben & Jerry's in Newport (RI)
- homemade breakfast on a patio in Brooklyn (NY)
- homemade breakfast on a porch with almost a view of the ocean (RI)
- farmstand corn and heirloom tomatoes (RI)

*This was across 2 weeks from NY to CT to RI to MA, and back to NY. I am missing probably a lot, but those were what just came to my mind :) Now I am back to Lima and in the few days I've been back, I've enjoyed some of my favorites that Lima has to offer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yes you are buddy, don't you remember the pelligrino we tried to share!

chloe said...

ha! good one nb. i forgot the pelligrino that we tried to share, and then the waitress felt bad for us because it was so small that she brought us another for free.

chloe said...

i did get our brunch on your friend´s patio in there tho! i didnt put those amazing arepas because i forgot what they were called.