I have not been good about posting lately-- I'm sorry! Here's a picture from a good afternoon I had yesterday. I went to this small town I have visited a number of times now for my water project. They were having an inauguration of their new water system. It ended up being this really cool event to observe, especially after taking Michael's anthropology classes at Skidmore on how other cultures talk about and handle water. They had a nun bless the water and hold a mass for the people. Then the dude in the town who is in charge of the water works project had the NGO people give speeches to the town, Carmen, and then me! It was pretty funny to give a speech to a town where I haven't really done anything, nor did I at all have anything prepared. Anyway, I will post more later, but leave you with this picture of the plate of food they gave to the president of the NGO who helped finance the building of the school and water tank. Note the guinea pig (cuye) in the front lying on his back. His head is on the left side and you can see his little feet sticking out.
Welcome back! I'm back in Peru -- doing two projects for school and filling myself daily with la comida peruana. I'm going to try to use this space to share some stories, thoughts, and ideas. Thanks for stopping by.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
cuye!
I have not been good about posting lately-- I'm sorry! Here's a picture from a good afternoon I had yesterday. I went to this small town I have visited a number of times now for my water project. They were having an inauguration of their new water system. It ended up being this really cool event to observe, especially after taking Michael's anthropology classes at Skidmore on how other cultures talk about and handle water. They had a nun bless the water and hold a mass for the people. Then the dude in the town who is in charge of the water works project had the NGO people give speeches to the town, Carmen, and then me! It was pretty funny to give a speech to a town where I haven't really done anything, nor did I at all have anything prepared. Anyway, I will post more later, but leave you with this picture of the plate of food they gave to the president of the NGO who helped finance the building of the school and water tank. Note the guinea pig (cuye) in the front lying on his back. His head is on the left side and you can see his little feet sticking out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment