Saturday, April 28, 2007

LD crisis, processing, and resolution

As I learned in my time with "Life Directions Boston 2005-2006," when thinking about future plans, worries, fears, and doubts can be cut in half when expressing them (or putting them in a hat.) I recently practiced this quite extensively as I discussed my short-term and long-term plans with a large number of people. Part of it was just me saying "I have to make a decision about whether I'm going to my friend's wedding that makes me feel like I need to decide about whether I want to be a nurse or not." That sounds like it doesn't make sense, and I won't bore you with the whole sequence of choices/decisions that are involved, but in my mind that's how it was working out. Anyway, I've come to the decision that I would like to stay at Socios en Salud longer than my original year. One of my bosses would like me to stay too. Now we're just waiting on the official word from the head honchos, and the decision will be made. This decision does not mean that I have officially decided to study nursing, although currently that's top on the list. Thanks for all who helped me make the decision. I think I knew it all along, but talking to people made it a lot easier. Elaine has a great poem on her blog that feels relevant to this whole process of decision-making that is life. The fun news is that my decision allows me to go to Leslie's wedding! Great how things work out. Hope to see some of you in Boston at the end of July!

1 comment:

ann said...

*thanks* (you and elaine!) for the poem--it's good to reflect on what a splendid journey this life thing is!