So this week is back to normal work for Chloe. Last Saturday was the big outing that I had been organizing for a while for the MDR TB patients in group therapy in Lima. As some of you may remember, I also organized a fieldtrip for them last December. This time was significantly less stressful, although obviously not without stress. The day went really well. Aldo, Anna, and Collin (the other volunteers who were around and free) came which was fun. About 125 people were there. We played the normal games they play at these kinds of things here (soccer, volley ball, three-legged race.) And then I added in a few (water balloon toss, fear-in-the-hat.) We also had a talent show which included a patient dressing in drag and dancing with his psychiatrist. Quite entertaining.
Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear the final word whether I am staying here longer or not. Supposedly I am not to talk about the fact that I might stay longer, but oh well, I already have. I told my boss (one of my bosses) that I would like to stay til December, so we'll see what happens. In about 8 days I am going to Ollantaytambo, the small town outside of Cusco where Holly lived that I fell in love with when I went with my family. So there is still the fear (or amazing alternative) that instead of staying here working with PIH in Lima, I escape to live there and ride horses all day...
No comments:
Post a Comment