Pictures
I just made a flickr page to show pictures of my wonderful wonderful trip to the Sacred Valley with Michelle (one of my oldest friends.) The pictures hardly do it justice. I'll try to write more on the trip. I admit it's depressing to be behind a computer again after being in such a beautiful and "special" (as Holly describes it) place as the area around Cusco.
To stay or not to stay
I have gotten the word on high that I am invited and welcome to stay longer as a volunteer. I originally had been hired for a year which would come to a close this August. The current plan is to kind of flip-flop my projects. Currently I spend about 5 days on the mental health for TB patients project, and one day for the water project. Soon I will spend close to 5 days on the water project. I am excited that I still don't have to choose between one or the other--since I like them both (and don't liked deciding.) So to answer the question I get asked the most (when am I coming home,) I think I'll stop working here in December.
Winter
The seasons in Lima this year went straight from summer to winter. We are experiencing record low temperatures right now. For a city covered in humidity without heating, that means we are pretty cold. Not as cold as the people in the mountains though. We heard on the BBC this morning that 200 Peruvians have died recently in the mountains because of the cold.
I think those are the big news updates for the week. The other obvious one being that I have returned from my incredible week-long vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment