Thursday, September 28, 2006

how public are my opinions?

I originally started this blog because I thought it would be a good way to communicate with those who contributed to my fundraising for my year of work here. With a blog, people can see what I am up to at their own leisure. It also seemed like a good way for me to have people at home know what I am doing, so that when I talk to people at home (or when I come home) people will have an idea of what my life has been like. Now that I have the blog, I have also enjoyed using it as a place to process, analyze, and articulate the disorder of my thoughts. I enjoy thinking of ideas to write about that would be interesting to read and fun to write. I also enjoy knowing that people at home doing all different kinds of jobs and activities take time to think about my experiences here. All of that said, I might make some changes. I might change the web address of my blog, but don't want to lose faithful readers. If I do, I will email those who I have email addresses for, but if you think I might not have yours, please email me. My email address is avaiable I think if you go to the "complete profile" page. The blog will look and be just the same, only with a new name. Again, this is just an idea, and depending on what my feelings say after I sit on this for a little I might not follow through.

While I am in announcement mode, let me take this opportunity to say thank you again to everyone who is supporting my work here. Either through your contributions or your emotional support, I appreciate it greatly. It still surprises me to realize that I am down here doing what I have always known I was interested in doing after taking "Medical Anthropology" junior year at Skidmore. Four years later, still interested in the topic of social inequalities and health consequences, I am working hard to make my contribution to the mission explained in the book I read for school. So thank you for the continuous support, helping me get here, and helping stay here!

¡Hasta pronto!

2 comments:

Carlos said...

C,

Why would you change the blog's address?

laura said...

yeah chlo, i am interested as well. what would you change it to? do let me know if it changes as i will need to update the link on MY blog... blah blah, it all about me.... :) miss you!