Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fotos de Arequipa





Before I put any Bolivia pictures up, here are some from the short viaje to Arequipa. The first one is from the convent that I went to. Each nun had her own kitchen and servant to cook for her (that's the kitchen.) The guinea pigs that would soon be lunch lived underneath the stove. I am standing on the roof of a building at the convent. You can kind of see the volcano, El Misti. The other picture of El Misti is taken from the zoo where we had a our outting with the patients.

1 comment:

ann said...

I love your pictures! And I love the detail of the guinea pigs--as a child I remember learning from my mom that when they lived in the Andes in the 1940s, people kept guinea pigs around the house not as pets but as meals-to-be!
besos,
m.