I had my first ever business trip this last weekend. It was really awesome. I flew down to Arequipa with a psychiatrist to attend a paseo for patients and their families. The city is located south of Lima, in the mountains, right under a big volcano called El Misti. I didn't ever see the tip of it because it always had a little bit of clouds chilling at the top. Arequipa is nicnamed the white city because many of the buildings are made with sillar, which is a white volcanic rock. The city plaza was small, with lush green plants and trees, and covered walkways surrounding it. The plaza was familiar feeling. It reminded me of the plaza in Cochabamba.
I took an early morning flight back to Lima on Monday. The doctor I work with recommended I try to get a seat on the right side of the plane. The sky was clear, so I could perfectly see all the wrinkled dry mountains of the Andes, a lake, a snow-capped mountain, deep canyons, and finally the Pacific. I was glad to get back to Lima because I was sick and wanted the comforts of home, but it was hard to come back to the loud, polluted, overcast city.
A boring side note: One of the faults I am learning about having a password-protected blog is that everyone has to get a google account, and I have to invite everyone (which means I need their email address.) In no way am I trying to make my blog exclusive, just trying to make it less public, so please let me know if I left anyone out or can help with the google account business (although who wouldn't want a google account, right al?) Thanks for helping me create a safe place to post my opinions! Sorry if it has been a hassle.
1 comment:
hey you. want to hear an interesting coincidence? my friend sarah from work at the brigham who you went to high school with just got back from peru, and one of the places she went was arequipa. small world, huh?
Post a Comment