Monday, February 25, 2008

morning hike


One of my favorite parts of living in the Sacred Valley is that in my free time there are some pretty awesome easy adventures. At the end of March I might be doing this hard hike to a snow-capped mountain called Salkantay. To get in shape, last week I wanted to hike up a little hill behind our office before work. We ended up going in a group and got up to a sweet view of Urubamba. We were kind of in the clouds. Doing stuff in the morning before work feels luxurious and that makes me feel more human than just waking up and going to work. Even just taking time to catch the news before work can do that, too. On Saturday I went on a fun bike ride and horseback ride, and now I really want to get my own bike. My first mountain bike ride here I thought I was going to die, but now that fear has been cancelled out after a few fun rides.

1 comment:

ann said...

yeah, I used to enjoy taking Maggie for a walk early in the morning, before going to work. hmmm, didn't look like your locale!