Tuesday, January 30, 2007

indie rock + giving = cool in my book

Check this out!

Indie rock music is fun and by nature of being "indie" is pretty cool. I think so, at least. Anyway, some indie rock bands also give back to the community. A couple of my favorite bands in fact. I was reading on the PIH website, and Arcade Fire has decided to donate a dollar from each ticket they sell on their tour to PIH. They have a pretty cool website too.

Along the same line of indie rock band's cool non-music activities, our dearest Clap Your Hands Say Yeah has a very nice looking t-shirt at this place called the Yellow Bird Project. All the profits of the shirt goes to a non-profit. Pretty cool!

p.s. I am trying to figure out how to put an mp3 of the Arcade Fire song "haiti" on the blog so you all can listen to it.

"because the world owes us nothing, and we owe each other the world" -from joyful girl by ani difranco.

No comments: